Comfort is one of the most important things to look for when buying shoes, and comfort starts with measuring your feet correctly so proper shoes can be chosen for maximum support. There are several ailments that can occur from wearing shoes that fit poorly, which include blisters, cuts on the feet, and long-term injuries. Measuring the feet periodically will aid in choosing the correct size, and this can be done on a Brannock device which is typically found in shoe stores. An alternative to this tool is to measure the length and width of the foot on paper by tracing the outline of your foot. This may help you determine if a wider or narrower width is needed for optimum comfort. Please consider a consultation with a podiatrist for more information on how to determine your proper shoe size.
Getting the right shoe size is an important part of proper foot health. Seek the assistance of Dr. Jeffrey Wachtel from Wachtel Family Foot Care. Our doctor will provide the care you need to keep you pain-free and on your feet.
Getting the Right Shoe Size
There are many people who wear shoes that are the incorrect size, negatively affecting their feet and posture. Selecting the right shoes is not a difficult process, so long as you keep several things in mind when it comes to choosing the right pair.
- When visiting the shoe store, use the tools available to measure your foot.
- Be sure there is ‘wiggle room’. There should be about an inch between your toes and the tip of your shoes.
- Do not always assume you are the same size, as manufacturers run differently.
- Purchase shoes later in the day, as your feet swell as the day progresses.
- If a shoe is not comfortable, it is not suitable. Most shoes can’t be ‘broken in’, and comfort should be the ultimate goal when it comes to choosing the right pair of shoes
As our feet hold our body weight and keep us moving, it is important to treat them right. Picking the right pair of shoes can provide your feet comfort and mobility without pain.
If you have any questions, please feel free to contact our office located in Lansdale, PA. We offer the newest diagnostic and treatment technologies for all your foot care needs.